Sunday, June 8, 2008

Review: A Girl's Guide to Vampires (Dark Ones Book 1) by Katie Macalister

A Girl's Guide to Vampires
(Dark Ones Book 1)

by Katie Macalister



My Rating:
4 stars4 Stars4 Stars4 stars

Just before their trip to the Czech Republic to attend Goth-Fest, best friends Joy & Roxy decide to ask "The Goddess" for a little help in finding their true loves. Unfortunately for Joy, what she winds up with is a creepy premonition about a dark & dangerous stranger. At first she doesn't believe in the premonitions or in vampires at all, but as the visions get stronger and more detailed she becomes convinced there might be something to them. Who's making her see these visions? Is it the sexy and strong Raphael? The gorgeous but reserved, Christian? Or someone else all together?

The first thing I have to point out is that the back of the book has basically nothing to do with the book, so don't use it in your judgment to read it or not. Despite that fact that the book wasn't quite what I expected, I really enjoyed the read. It was some light, mindless fun with sexy, sizzling romance thrown in for good measure. I found the main character (Joy) likable and very funny. I would have liked to see a little more character development, however. I do definitely intend to continue with the rest of the series.


Here is a list of the Dark Ones series in order:

  1. A Girl's Guide to Vampires
  2. Sex and the Single Vampire
  3. Sex, Lies and Vampires
  4. Even Vampires Get the Blues
  5. The Last of the Red-Hot Vampires
  6. Zen and the Art of Vampires

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
I just found your blog on the BOOKSandBLOGS webring ... I love your nickname: Bookie McBookerson. It sounds like your family has a good sense of humor!