Friday, July 11, 2008

Review: The Richest Season by Maryann McFadden.

The Richest Season
by Maryann McFadden



My Rating:
4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars

After 25 years as the perfect corporate wife, Joanna has finally had enough. Feeling alone & unappreciated, she packs her bags and sets off on a quest to find some happiness in Pawleys Island, South Carolina. The Richest Season is a beautiful tale of sand, sea, happiness and heartbreak that will make you stop and think about what's really important in life. The characters and their relationships were very realistic and believable. There were many times when I shared a character's joy or pain. The author provided richly detailed descriptions of the beach at Pawleys Island. I could practically feel the sand between my toes! The only real drawback to the story was the predictability of the plot. I felt like I knew what was going to happen throughout most of the book. Overall however, I felt that this was a wonderful first effort by the Maryann McFadden.

1 comment:

loopyloo100 said...

I loved this book too! I received it as a review copy and I have to say it's better than most books I have actually bought lately.